9.02.2007

Weddings, weddings, weddings!

Wow. I love weddings. And it's something more special when you actually know the people getting married. Like I've been to my cousin's wedding, however I'm not particularly close to any of them, so whenever I go, it's nothing special. But yeah, weddings are awesome! It's such a special day, and it's YOUR day. I realized that I really want a wedding, not marriage (though hopefully that will come one day), but the wedding. When everyone's focused on your, it's your special day, getting ready, excited, that just sounds wonderful.

Anyways, it was a dinner cruise which was pretty cool. Definitely good food. That's what's important obviously, haha. Another aspect I liked was that the wedding was short (in comparison to her sister's at least). And I've decided when I get married, it'll be a half-hour wedding, that way no one will be bored. Short and sweet. And how exciting it must be to plan everything, so live the rest of your life with someone you love. It sounds wonderful.

My friend said she'll have her wedding and have everyone wear Chucks which is an excellent idea. My feet were killing me, not to mention my knee. I'll have like... a beach wedding and have everyone wear flip-flops or go barefoot. Or... a no shoe requirement? Haha. Like Indian traditions (I actually don't know if that's true or not, I just got it from the Office episodes Dwahli). But then I'll need someone outside to guard the shoes, and make sure everyone wears their own shoes home. Haha.

Funny story: A guy at the wedding decided to randomly grab a bouquet just for giggles, and then realized it was the bouquet that the bride intended to throw (he was informed by a second grader girl) and he started to freak out and told the girl to return it to the "bucket on top of the bar."

And a friend had one drink, a Screwdriver (oj+vodka) and was totally not feeling well. LIGHT WEIGHT. I had a sip of a virgin magarita which to me just tasted like salty lemonade..

Weddings are so much fun, and so happy! And filled with love... obviously. <3

No comments: