11.13.2008

Stomach Flu

My first experience with the stomach flu. It was great. It started yesterday, also when I had a midterm..

I didn't go to bed until 2 or 3 cuz I was studying for my midterm, woke up at 5, feeling completely sick and needing to vomit. Got up, emptied out my stomach. Tried to drink some water, got the chills. I attempted to turn on the heater, but in my state of delirium I had supposedly turned on the AC instead? So I was bundled up in a sweater, sweat pants, and under all my blankets, shivering. Woke up 2 more times to vomit out all the water that I had drank. And I had wonderful friends that called me at 9 to make sure I would wake up in time for my 10 o'clock midterm. At that point I wasn't even sure if I could make it to my midterm, but I checked the make-up exam policies, and the make up would be an essay question. And since we all hate essay exams, so I decided I would suck it up and take the midterm anyways. But before I left for my midterm, I had to upchuck my liquids one last time.

So I took my midterm (social psychology) in record time. It was 75 questions, and I finished it within 40 minutes. That's like 2 questions per minute. I was definitely not feeling well during the midterm, I think I started to get a slight fever then. So after I just bubbled whatever answers, I ran out there and vomited into some bushes, didn't get to a bathroom in time. By then, I realized something was clearly off. I called my mom who insisted that I go to the health center.

They held me there for a really long time to make sure I could keep down liquids, but I started dry-hurling, and they were worried I would just upchuck all the liquids I just drank. And from a few tests, they also said I was dehydrated. So I was given the option of having an IV to rehydrate me, or taking an anti nauseating pill. I opted for the anti-nauseating pill option. After a while, they finally let me go and once I got home I took some advil for my fever and knocked out.
I'm doing a lot better since then, but I'm very hesitant to eat anything, I had half a slice of bread and it didn't settle that well, so that was that. I'm drinking lots of water though! And Gatorade.

Oh, so for my psych midterm, I had emailed the professor immediately after I got home about the situation and how I rushed through the test cuz I was sick, and he's giving me the option of making it up. Woot. But still an essay exam, so I gonna wait to see how well/not well I did before I decide. Haha.

Hopefully I can still play at Sean Ryan this weekend. I've been looking forward to it. And my recovery is going very well.

On a completely other note, I have organized a game of assassins for ultimate, and it's so much fun even if I'm not playing. Good team bonding.. more like stalking, but both is fun. Haha.

No comments: