10.17.2008

No Crack for Crack Addicts

You don't give crack to crack addicts. You don't give alcohol to alcoholics. You don't let Teresa watch Jon & Kate Plus Eight. I don't really have free week nights. And the only time that I semi-do is the 2 hour break I have after class and before ultimate practice. During this time, Jon & Kate Plus Eight is on which is the most adorable show ever. For those of you who don't know, there's this couple (Jon and Kate.. SHOCKING!) with eight kids--twins and sextuplets. And it just follows them around. The twins are seven now, and sextuplets are three. The kids are sooo cute (they're halfies, so cute super-sized). And every time I watch the show, my urge to procreate at this very instant peaks. I love kids! And I want a kid. Haha.

My roommates are used to my constant whining about how I want kids now. We've even thought of names for my show when I have more kids than average. But I think I've realized that I should not watch the show anymore. It's just flaunting what I can't have in front of me. As much as I want to have kids, I realize that I probably shouldn't right now and kids are a huge responsibility and very expensive. So I suppress my urge to have kids--barely. As I watch Jon & Kate Plus Eight, I realize how alcoholics must feel when people are drinking if front of them. And I think I should stop watching it because of it's flaunting temptation. I love kids! (While watching Jon & Kate and taking Developmental Psychology, I think I want to work with kids in some capacity.)

I've always wanted lots of kids. And by lots I mean max four, ideally three. Haha, it's a lot if you're an only child. But I honestly have no idea why I really want kids now, even before Jon & Kate, that show only fueled my hunger. Perhaps my biological clock is ticking at the ripe age of 19 (almost 20).

Onto other aspects of my life. I have three midterms in two days next week. I should probably study. I'm too tired, school is hard. Ultimate is good. I'm having a lot of fun right now. If only I wasn't so tired when I go to practice, or also high of my want for children. I honestly just need sleep. I have almost no free time for myself. I'm never taking 20 units again nor working 15 hours simultaneously. Or either.

Back to Developmental Psych/Social Psych/Women Studies.

2 comments:

Chiara said...

mamaT, why are you overloading yourself?!

I think I want 2 or 3... Haven't picked out names yet though lol

808 said...

Let's make a kid.