7.16.2008

Five Days

I've played ultimate five days in a row, my legs are kind of hating me, but other than that it's been fun. First was PleasureTown ThrowDown, and I just picked up with a random local team that had a few girls from Safari. Lost in Semi's against LA Metro. I think I played okay during the tournament, scored a couple, and had a couple assists. But co-ed's a different game than women's for sure. And I was pretty out of shape coming into the tournament. It's always weird playing with a team you don't know. It takes a while to get used to everyone, and knowing each other's strengths, and developing that connection. Also team spirit/cheers, it always feels a bit awkward for me, maybe it's just me.

After that, I've been playing in a summer league which is pretty much like more organized and competitive pick-up. It's tough because our team only has two girls that actually show up. So on Monday, played the whole game. And we only had 9 guys or so, we were lacking in numbers pretty bad and got slaughtered. Haha. Plus on Monday, after the pull we would drop it on the first or second throw. But after our official game, we just had a fun game to three, which we ending up winning. On Tuesday, we picked up a girl, and I think we played fairly well, won by a good margin I believe. Today, at first I was the only girl, but as we lined up for the first point, some guy brought another girl. So we mainly played 5-2, and when one of us were really tired we would go 6-1. But it was a lot of fun, I think I played really well the last two days.

I feel like I need to be more assertive. Like sometimes I want to handle or pull or whatever, but I never really say anything. And this has nothing to do with being assertive, but this one girl has gotten my name wrong for the past week, and I haven't bothered to correct her, and I now respond to "Lauren." Haha. In my defense, I didn't realize that she was talking to me until the 3rd or so time she called me Lauren, but by then I thought it was too late/awkward to correct her. And now it's been a week, even more awkward. Hahahaha. I'm pathetic.

And my legs hurt, and I'm tired. But I do love ultimate. I really like ultimate when it's relaxed and chill when I just go out and have fun. This is the most fun I've had playing ultimate in a while.

1 comment:

808 said...

You do look like a Lauren.

Wait, what's your name.