10.30.2007

So I guess I'll order from HP again...

So I had called again after my first encounter with HP, I had called again last week and talked to a new case manager. Might I add that this guy was much nicer. And he did say that I couldn't get money compensation, but he was going to send me free ink and paper. And that was totally enough, I didn't want anything extreme, just little things to show that they actually care about my business and that they're sorry that I'm waiting so long.

Anyways, someone had called yesterday (not my case manager) to inform me that my laptop will not be fixed until Nov. 6th. And again, I was slightly frustrated and said that I want some sort of compensation, and he's like you need a case manager for that, which I told him that I already had one. So he told me I should call my case manager cuz he's only the "messenger." Anyways, I was too lazy to call my case manager, and I was like he's already giving me free ink and stuff.

So today, I was studying for my Soc midterm, and my phone rings, and I see that it says it's HP Support. Cuz I have their number in my phonebook. And I was like, "OMG. I don't have to deal with this, I need to study." But I pick up, and it was my case manager. And he apologized for the delay and then proceeded to tell me that he would waive the 428.85 fee that I was going to pay. AND... he was going to get me a brand new laptop!! Same model and everything! At first I was like, "what??" And I didn't want to be like, "Oh a new laptop?" only to be wrong, cuz that'd be embarrassing, and I would seem very greedy. So I was like, "A new what??" So I'm getting a new laptop! I'm gonna have to wait two weeks. But I've waited long enough, and it'd only be one extra week from when they expected to finish my laptop. Plus it's so much better than my old one.

My old one:
CD burner. DVD player
80 G
1G RAM
XP
Webcam/Mic

New One:
CD/DVD burner
160G
2G RAM
Vista
Webcam/Mic
Free Microsoft Office

Woot. This made my day.

Moral of the Story: Complain, complain, and then complain some more.
Don't give up when people tell you that they don't give you compensation. :D

No comments: