8.28.2008

Quarter Life Crisis

What am I doing with my life? I have no idea. I don't know if I want to pursue a higher education after college. Maybe law school? And I realized that since I'm double majoring, doesn't look like I'll graduate in 4 years unless I take summer school or maybe just an extra quarter. Hm. But at this point, unless I have insurance after I graduate, I should probably stay in school. I have no idea.

This summer I also realize that I will be significantly poorer than my high school friends. I don't think I mind too much. There's a few of them that I don't think they could handle being poor (and when I say poor, I don't actually mean poor, just not as rich as their families are now). But it's just that when they're all together talking about how rich they plan to be in 10 years, I'm just thinking I'll be super content if I'll make more than 50,000 a year. Like honestly, I'm not saying that I'll be fine if I was poor, but I do think I can handle having less money than some of my friends. I don't think I'm quite as materialistic as some of my friends. Haha.

I really need to figure out my life. I don't think that I've been unhappy this past year. But I do not think I've been particularly happy either. I've had my fair shares of disappointment this year. And various struggles, many humbling experiences. I want to do something meaningful with my life. I want to make a difference in the world. I really don't know what's in store for me. I feel like I really need time to just reflect and explore what I want in life. And it's hard during school cuz I just get so busy. And many times I feel like I'm doing things for the wrong reasons. Other times I won't do right things for the wrong reasons. Should I? I really don't know.

I just need to have faith I suppose. Easier said than done. Hopefully, this year won't be as much of an emotional struggle for me. I just.. I don't know. Quarter life crisis. I suppose. Everything happens for a reason. There are aspects of my life that I know what I want, but I'm unsure of how to obtain them. Well, not exactly unsure, but more like it's hard for me to do and stay true.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Faith?

God doesn't exist. Get over it, this isn't the fucking dark ages. Only idiots believe in superstitious babble.